Quadcopter Project - CRASH!

 
 

So I had my first crash today. The cause of this was a prop that was too loose which came off mid flight which resulted in loss of stability and a crash.

While inspecting the remains I found that one of the brackets holding the motors was missing two screws and the remaining two were dangerously loose. A motor coming loose would definitely be more dangerous then a a lost prop.

What I've learned from this is to check the props' tightness, and also to make sure that all the other screws are tightened before flying.

Overall the components were all salvageable, save the missing prop and the broken prop. I will also have to reprint an arm. Luckily everything else remained usable.

1 comment:

  1. This is why printing a frame is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete